Thursday, August 16, 2007

Salmon Patties



Dinner tonight was tasty. I created a salmon patty recipe. It turned out rather well. The patties were very moist. Delicious.

I have been posting quite a bit of food-related entries. I promise I’ll write about other topics soon. Until then…

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 can (14.75 oz) canned salmon
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
pinch of black pepper
2 large eggs, well beaten
¾ cup plain, dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons cornmeal
3 tablespoons butter

Open canned salmon and drain thoroughly. Place in large mixing bowl. Flake the salmon by using a fork. Mash any bones you may find (they are edible).



Add parsley, onion, eggs, ½ cup bread crumbs, and 1 tablespoon cornmeal to the flaked salmon. Stir well. Form mixture into patties. On a separate plate, roll patties in a mixture of ¼ cup bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon cornmeal.



In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add patties to the skillet. Fry patties until brown on one side. Flip the patties; then, add the last tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Patties should be fried until brown.

Makes 7 salmon patties.

By the way, thanks to Heather Harper for stopping by. Anyone that is interested can check out her blog here.

5 comments:

Heather Harper said...

My grandmother used to make the BEST salmon patties. She always served them with fresh pineapple and pinto beans, but man, the patties were to die for.

But she is too senile to remember the recipe and she never wrote it down. :(

Erina Hart said...

It is a shame she never wrote it down. I wish you still had it.

My mother used to make salmon patties for me. I actually wanted her recipe, but she is very difficult to get in contact with. I knew what goes into the patties. That is why I just made a recipe up. Experiments are fun :)

Pineapple? I have never had pineapple with salmon patties. I will try that.

Thanks for telling me your story!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you created this salmon recipe. It's been a while since I've had a dinner with salmon patties, and this is going to be so delicious! I love the way you think out of the box!

Erina Hart said...

Hello, Christina! Thank you for leaving me a message!

I'm glad you like the recipe. I hope that the dish turns out well for you.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!