Monday, August 27, 2007

The Giants

Y’all’d never believe it. I’m almost positively sure you won’t. But, when I looked out’a my window today there were giants.

Now, please don’t judge. Hear me out. Ya see, I didn’t believe it at first either. Ya know that sticky, white gunk that creeps into yer eyes while ya sleep? The stuff that gets all crusty after a while? Right, well, I thought that my vision was just being clogged up by that pasty junk.


I was wrong!

There was hundreds of ‘em. Some were furry. Others were just plain weird. Alien-lookin’ really. They followed each other. It was like a sorta’ parade. Didn’t know much what to make of ‘em. I guess it is like those bees over at Uncle Gurt’s. Ya know the ones? They’re always a buzzin’ round. Can’t go too close. Ya might lose an eye to their stingers. Kora told me. Told me bout those stingers, that is. She said it, so it must be right.


And, I didn’t much care to get too close to these big fellas. One of ‘em, a big dumb-lookin' one, sorta’ fumbled round in the bushes. Knocked over my trash can, he did. If he wasn’t so big, I’da gone right up and knocked ‘em one on the head. It ain’t that I’m scared. I’ll tell ya it ain’t that. I’d fight a lion any ‘ol day. Ya just take me to his cage. Naw, this was different. I ain’t stupid. I ain’t fightin’ no aliens.

You’d best be watchin’ out yer windows. I’da think they’d be going towards y’all’s places soon. I don’t think ya should shoot ‘em. Ain’t never seen anything so big. They’d be liable to rip yer roof plum off.


King Kong and Godzilla. I bet ‘cha that is what’s going on. They came to rule the whole dang Earth, and they dun brought their army.



I thought I would switch up my writing style for one evening. I hope that you all found the entry enjoyable. In the next post, I will be returning to my previous techniques.

Welcome: Rudi, Joanne, Jamie, and Nihal! It is an honor to meet each of you.

12 comments:

Joanne said...

LOLs, that's so cute! In an almost scary way (my friends tease me for my fear of dinosaurs...yes, they are extinct, but Jurassic Park at the tender age of 8 scarred me for life).

By the way, how do you pronounce your name? It's so pretty! I had already added your link to my "I Like To Read," and I've added your feed to my Google Reader...because I look forward to reading more of your posts! And, seeing more pictures. Really that header is GORGEOUS.

Erina Hart said...

Joanne, thanks for linking to my blog. I really do appreciate you doing so. On about the same note, it makes me thrilled to think that you would wish to read more of my blog. I plan to read yours as well. (I don’t have a reader. I think I should look into that. Currently, I just go to every author’s blog URL.)

I don’t think it is strange to be scared of dinosaurs. If the giants were alive today, everyone and their mother would be terrified. Tell your friends that. Tell them they would cower in fear if a T-Rex was sputtering drool all over their pretty, little faces. They know they’d cry.

See, you have a rational fear. It is just during the wrong era ;)

I’m not sure if you would like the statues that are in the photos. They are not miniatures. They are located at a state park and are the actual size of what the animals would have been.

My name is pronounced (ě-rē'nə). Phonetically, it sounds like “Eh-reen-uh.” Thank you for the compliment.

Unknown said...

I love this!! Very funny and adorable!!

Abu Zunnur said...

Hi Erina,
This is my first time here and you almost scare me away (kidding),
first, the angry frog, then, the elephant, mammoth, King Kong, Godzilla ruling the Earth?!?...
:-)
I enjoyed your post and looking forward to be back. Have a nice week.

Anonymous said...

Dinosaurs don't scare me...insects on the other hand, terrify me (but only when their indoors. Outdoors, I'm fine)--wait, what was that you were saying about rational fears? :P

Simon said...

I enjoy reading the post. Very interesting!

Amit Schandillia said...

First of all, thanx a ton, baby, for the sweet gesture :-)

You have a great writing style, I must say! You could very well try ur hand at writing a book or something. I started reading ur post and couldnt stop till I reached the end...I generally don't do that. I have also linked to you from my blogroll

JR's Thumbprints said...

In my neck of the woods we call those crusties "eye snot." I know, doesn't sound too appealing, which is another reason why we dig away at them. Interesting dinos btw.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I loved this post...Mark Twainian I reckon.

Your page has a vast appeal, and I like the way you change-up your style. >>THAT HEADER! I agree with Joanne, and really take notice when stopping by.

GroovyCat Hollydale :)

Erina Hart said...

Christina, thanks for the compliments!

Zunnur, thanks for visiting. I didn’t mean to terrify you. I only meant to warn you of the impending war between aliens and the human race. ;o)

I hope to see you again!

Brown, you are only afraid of indoor bugs? Like the house centipedes that like to climb walls and the spiders that creep into your open mouth while you sleep?

Oh wait, I probably shouldn’t say things like that. Now, I’m scared.

Always a pleasure to read your comments!

Erina Hart said...

NeoAuteur, thank you for reading Into the Inkpot. I’m glad you enjoyed the post, and I hope to see you again.

Amit, thank you for the support. I appreciate your comments.

I have begun a novel. However, I have yet to finish it. I will hopefully be able to publish a longer work within the next year. Provided I can take time away from college.

Erina Hart said...

JR, I have heard of “eye snot”! You’re right, it doesn’t sound appealing. The stuff is even worse if you wear makeup. If you forget (or neglect) to take your makeup off before bed, you wake up with black (or purple, or green, or blue) crust in your sockets. Not very appealing.

The dinos are pretty cool. They are neat to see in person. The park has them set up next to a museum. There are bridges around the statues. That way, you can take pictures from different perspectives.

Speedcat Hollydale, thanks for visiting again.

The great Mark Twain. Oh, how I wish I were so clever.

That header frog is becoming famous. I better not tell him that he has a fan club. He may become arrogant, demanding new lily pads and hoping about like he were some sort of king. It is possible. He already is delusional enough to wear that crown.

Until we meet again, Mr. GroovyCat!