Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bread Pudding and Sugared Chaos

I made my first bread pudding. A fat, plump loaf that smelled delicious and looked even better. To say the least, I was excited. Especially since I made a vanilla sauce to go with it.

Here is a slice:


Sadly, I did not like the finished product. It isn’t that I botched the recipe somewhere along the way. The dish turned out exactly how it should have. However, it was far too sweet for me to take more than three bites. It was as though a vanilla-cream volcano had erupted inside my mouth. The villagers couldn’t see through all the sugar-ash. Chaos everywhere. Millions died.

Rob loved the bread pudding. He loved the sugared carnage. He is now an enemy to the villagers that died in my mouth. The poor villagers that ran from the molten, vanilla lava.

He’s heartless.

4 comments:

Heather Harper said...

Because I am on Weight Watchers, I love to read about food. You described it so well that I was able to enjoy it at zero calories. ;)

Erina Hart said...

Wonderful! I am always so pleased when something I bake (or write) puts a smile on someone’s face. It is splendid that the experience even fit in with your Weight Watchers. Now, I think I might appreciate the bread pudding more.

You are the first person to ever post a comment on my blog! I wanted balloons to fall around your computer when you hit the “publish your comment” button. However, I couldn’t seem to work out the logistics of it all. I hope you forgive me. Balloons are exciting.

Heather Harper said...

You are forgiven. ;)

Erina Hart said...

I can breathe a bit easier now :)