Thursday, September 6, 2007

Awards from Some Rockin’ Bloggers

I have received two new awards! I can’t thank Rolando and Tatiana enough. I always feel a lot of pride when I am granted such blogging honors. These awards make me feel like I am building a community here at Into the Inkpot. I feel a bit more confident that I am providing a safe place for all of you to visit.

I want you all to feel comfortable and safe here. This blog is my home. Every day, I put out tea and danish for all of you to enjoy. I offer you a lounge where you can each express yourselves. I look out for “anonymous” posters that may harass you. You are all friends to me. We may never see one another in person, but I hear your comments and I read your blogs. Every time I visit one of your homes, I am reminded of your unique voices and your great ideas. I’m so proud to have such intelligent, creative, and talented friends. You all have a voice. Remember that. You all have a voice and it is important.



As for the awards, the first is from Rolando at R Playground. It is called the Power of Schmooze Award. It was created by Mike at Ordinary Folk and Danielle at Pink Reviews. The award is intended to “…recognize those people that [are] exceptionally adept at creating relationships with other bloggers by making an effort to be part of a conversation, as opposed to monologue.”

According to the rules, if you are granted the Power of Schmooze Award, you should offer the award to up to five other bloggers. Then, the winners you announce should post a message that explains who gave them their award. The post should also include up to five new bloggers that they are giving the award to.

I have made my decision. The following bloggers are to receive this award:

Zunnur, Mikkers, Suzie, and Brown.



The second award is the Rockin’ Girl Blogger Award. It was given to me by Tatiana of La Última Información Digital. The award was created by Roberta at Blogging Made Devilishly Simple. The award is simply to be given to female bloggers that you think rock.

And, I think the following women rock out loud. The women receiving this award are:

Suzie because she rocks on through excruciating pain.

Brown because she rocks her way onto bookshelves.

Joanne because she rocks her true emotions.

Lisa C because she rocks an awesome family.

And…

Mikkers because she rocks sudoku and knitting.

I hope you all enjoy your awards. Each and every one of you deserves the honor!

I’d like to welcome Tatiana and Thira! It is great to have you both as friends!

15 comments:

Rolando said...

Congrats Erina for the award and for welcoming all of us into your beautiful home.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say you are a truly hospitable hostess.

You are definitely rockin!

Joanne said...

You do totally rock. Thanks for allowing me to join your ranks =) I love how you introduced this post, you have such a talent in connecting with other people.

Trix said...

Just stopping by to say congrats on receiving more awards, you deserve it for having a really cool site and most of all for being such a friendly blogger! Happy to know you here! happy day further :)

Sunshine said...

Yay congratulation !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hiya and you definitely deserve the awards, and all the others that you are going to get in the future :) You definitely know how to make people feel at home here with you, and i enjoy having you as my friend! Bless you and have a splendid weekend :)
Tatiana

Lisa R Charles said...

Erin, you are the best!! Thank you and congrats to you too!!

Can't wait to share this award with some of finest lady bloggers that I've met!

Go Erin, Go Erin, Go Erin!!!

mikkers said...

aw thank you so much for the award! To be associated with such a group of awesome bloggers has been amazing and i hope that it's even greater in the future :).

Congratulations on your award too! Schmoozing now has wonderful people on it's ranks.

Erina Hart said...

Rolando, I’m glad you visit me in my home. I hope the tea was warm enough :)

Joanne, thank you for the kind words. I’m glad you have joined the ranks. You deserve it.

Jesse, thank you. I am glad we are friends! Hopefully, our friendship will continue to grow.

Sunshine, it is great to see you again. Thank you!

Tatiana, thank you so much for this award. I am still excited about it :)

I am also glad we are friends. Remember that you are always welcome here. I’ll always have a warm cup of tea for you (or coffee if you prefer).

Lisa C, I’m so glad you like your award! I was hoping you would.

I can’t wait to see the amazing women that you decide give the award to. I’m sure they’ll be awesome!

Mikkers, I’m so pleased that you like your awards. I hope that they both bring you happiness and pride :)

Rolando said...

The tea was perfect, but the company was even better.

NIHAL said...

Hi Erina,

CONGRATULATIONS GAL!!!

Well it's about time people out there recognized your true talents and I'm so happy for you as the Schmooze Award is most deserving of you.

Keep up the great work, there's more awards lined up for you... that's for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Erina,
Congratulation for receiving the awards, you deserve more than this!
Its a pleasure to have you as a friend who "left a burning candle in my hut" :-)
And, thank you so much for the award, I appreciate it very much, and receiving it from you is an honour :-)
Hope you're having a pleasant weekend!

Trix said...

Hi again Erina...I see you added my link to your blog, well, I feel bad that I actually overlooked putting your link up on my blog,I will rectify that tonite...Thanks so much Erina..and have the bestest day! :)

Anonymous said...

*pant*

*pant*

So *gasp* sorry for coming in late to accept the *pant* award and say Thank you and congratulations back!!

I'm still on deadlines, so my bloggin is haphazard at best, but I apologize for taking so long to respond.

I shall pass on the accolades--right after I catch my breath!

Erina Hart said...

Rolando, the tea will be even better now. My father gave me a Japanese tea service today :)

Nihal, thank you so much! I am so pleased that you like Into the Inkpot. Thank you for always supporting me.

Zunnur, thank you! I will always try to leave a candle burning in your hut. That is what friends do :)

I’m glad you like your award! It was a pleasure to give it to you.

Erina Hart said...

Jesse, don’t worry about not putting up my link. I didn’t get around to a lot of my friends links for a while. Silly me, I would always just use my favorites list. It would have been far easier had I simply put the links up in the first place.

Brown, do you need a drink? Maybe some sleep? I’m sorry you have so many deadlines right now. I wish you the best with everything you do!

Congrats for receiving the award!